Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Panic Time

I have a minor surgery scheduled for next week. The pre-op is tomorrow. I have had this scheduled for several months. Yesterday I got a simple email from the surgeon's secretary. It read simply, " Can you give me your current weight? I have your BMI at 44.85 and it needs to be closer to 40."
So to say I was shocked, panicked, and totally freaked out is accurate. I curtly replied to her that, " I can't lose 28 pounds in a week. Why am I just hearing this? The Doctor knew my weight months ago! A lot fatter people than me have had this surgery!"
I fumed to myself that the insurance was probably trying to stall so they could get more deductible applied to it. I was livid, scared and ready to self-amputate to rid myself of the pain.
To put it mildly, I was terrified.
Then sanity kicked in. I decided to see what my BMI was. So, I pulled up a site and put in my age weight and height. Result 28.7 still fat but definitely not morbidly obese. I checked another 28.7, then another 28.7. I sent her each of these. Embarrassed to admit in three emails.
I got an email this morning. Someone had put my height in at 4 instead of 5 foot.
All that for a typo.
All is back on schedule. I forgive them and I hope they accept my apology.  

No comments: