Monday, July 13, 2009

The Visit






Well, I marked off my calendar and think I only answered a couple of calls. And it was so much more than worth it. I got to know four little boys just a little bit better. I cherish every second they are here. It will only be a short time and instead of being excited about coming to Granny's and Poppy's they will have other things to do and other places to go that are more exciting. Granny and Poppy will fade from priority to duty. I can hear it now. "We have to go see them. We don't know how much longer they will be around. This could be our last visit." That is what my Aunt used to tell her kids about the half hour visit to my Great Grandmother's. I would like to think I will always be a cool Granny but realism prepares my heart for the day when I am just seen as an old bore.
But I choose to ignore that day and be fun as long as I have the opportunity.

No comments: