Saturday, November 2, 2013

The Hallowed Next Day

Halloween 2013
A day of Spooky pretend goblins and treat gobblers. And one unwitting Zombie. 
While every one came to work as Pirates and Indians I was home in a Phenergan coma.

You see the day before we had a big birthday celebration for a coworker at lunch. A couple hours later I noticed my burger did not quite settle. After church I knew right away the hot dogs I planned for dinner were not for me. I spent a good bit of time in the bathroom to skip the Gorey details.

I woke up Halloween morning, still with a tummy ache. I needed to be at work so I looked for Imetrol in the cabinet. I didn't find it....so when I saw the Phenergan, I thought, " I know this stuff works. I had no nausea after my foot surgery. It may not work since it is a couple of years old but...I need to get to work and I feel awful."
Got to work feeling horrible thinking it should kick in any minute but after trying to work and only wanting to lay my head on my desk and hold my stomach I went home....thinking... I will lay down an hour or so and then I'll be able to work because I know Phenergan works... If it is still good... I hope. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Well at 3:30p.m. I began to defog. Somehow I had forgotten that in relaxing the stomach it relaxes the whole body. Needless to say I was worthless that whole day. My boss said she was just happy I got home before it kicked in. I had visions of me sleeping it off in the file room.

So if you feel yucky in the morning do not take Phenergan  unless you plan to stay home. The warning label is not kidding!

So we had everyone over this afternoon for ribs and okra and fries,candy, a pinata. WII Bowling and Pictionary.
I hated missing the kids Halloween but this was fun and I didn't have to see all the goblins.

No comments: